Liebster, in German, literally translates to beloved, so its no surprise that the online-only Liebster award was created to help spread the love to promising new bloggers. Though it initially started out as a way to promote new blogs with followings of less than 2000, the Liebster award has now dwindled down to only include up and coming blogs with followings of less than 200.
I still completely can’t wrap my head around the fact that there are actual people behind the growing stats display I see, so I was incredibly excited to find A Thousand Foods nominated for a Liebster. First, I absolutely have to thank Jess over at Travels of a Baby-Vet (http://travelsofababy-vet.com/) for the nomination. I definitely recommended checking out her blog, she’s an incredible storyteller with tons of beautiful photographs of both adorable animals and gorgeous scenery.
Next on the outlined agenda, each nominated blogger has to share one of their own personal all-time favorite blogs. One of the blogs that really inspired me to start my own journey was the Golden Tiffin (http://goldentiffin.co/). Growing up in the States, it was often hard for me to reconcile my ethnic identity with the one I saw reflected in the mainstream. A lot of my love for food stems from the way food has been treated in my colorful, Bengali household and I was blown away when I discovered Thahmina’s musings which so perfectly paralleled my own experiences. It was so refreshing to see someone represent my own identity in the blogosphere, that I felt compelled to finally add my own voice into the mix.
Finally, one of the best parts about writing the Liebster response post is this upcoming section where each blogger is allowed to share 10 random facts about themselves with their readers. As much as I actually LOVE writing about food, I also have really wanted an opportunity to share some more intimate details about myself with all of the visitors that stumble upon the blog.
- I always go by 5’1 but I’m actually 5 feet and 1/2 an inch tall…
- I love to read and I’m currently reading the Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley
- My all time favorite drink would have to be a frosty glass of Thai iced tea
- All time favorite meal/last meal I’d want to be served on death row is a toss up between Singaporean chili crab, or Bengali duck curry
- I have a different last name from both of my parents
- I’ve lived in three different countries throughout my life
- The one dish I would absolutely want to master before I die would be lamb biryani
- I used to have an Instagram account ranking renditions of grilled cheese…
- The number one place on my ‘To Travel’ list has always been the Galapagos Islands
Lastly, to continue in good spirit, I would love to nominate these five new bloggers for Liebster awards for all their unique, insightful content.